Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I miss Dublin

I have no clue what's going on with me this week/month. I think it could have something to do with the fact it's been over a year since I was last in Dublin, and I miss it terribly :( So this is a list more so than a blog. But the following are the things I miss most about Dublin (in no particular order):

  • Hogans on Georges St
  • The Foggy Dew
  • Thing Mote
  • RiRa
  • Georges St Arcade
  • Dun Laoghaire pier
  • Howth
  • Fagans
  • Secret/No Name bar on Fade St
  • Wagamamas
  • Octagon Bar
  • Grafton Street
  • Marks & Sparks ready meals
  • marks & Sparks orange chocolate mini rolls in a tub
  • UGC cinema
  • heading into Conways for a swifty after UGC
  • Rody Bolands
  • The Barge on a sunny evening
  • Scruffy Murphys
  • I miss Vitsy and Booby
  • I miss the #10 bus (sometimes, I know, I know)
  • I miss walking from Phibsboro into city
  • The Grave Diggers on a sunny evening
  • The DUUUBBLA accent
  • the HEDDDILD
  • Sleazy O'Connell Street

Ok I cannot go on, I could, but I won't. I lived for a total of 7 years in Dublin and I loved it. Well, most of the time. I am now living in NYC and while I DO LOVE it here, I am a tad homesick for Dublin, I'll admit it. Mulligans for a pint sounds excellent right now! Dammit.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you miss the number 10! It's like a mobile example of everything that's wrong with the city :) Still, good call on the pier, foggy dew and wagamamas. The girl's got taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss:

    Butler's Chocolate's Cafe Mocha with the free chocolate...ugh how I miss them!
    Vitsy too :)
    Nude
    Marks & Sparks for anything
    Aero bars
    A good piss up at any of the above mentioned pubs
    Doing the ass dance at RiRa for SURE!
    Grafton street buskers
    Window shopping at Brown Thomas
    Avoca shop and restaurant
    and did I mention Butler's Chocolate CAFE MOCHA!!!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete