Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spinning

Ok who in the name of all that is good and green would ever for a second consider spinning to be in any shape or form enjoyable? Seriously. I am all too well aware of how out of shape I am and in an effort to lose weight and tone up, someone recommended this to me. Someone I no longer converse with as a result. I digress.

My first class was complete and utter torture. I think I lifted off the saddle twice and even at that, I thought I was going to pass out. I kept forgetting you can't coast with spinning, and almost snotted myself several times. Had I not drank any water, I reckon I would have lost 8 pounds in one shot, no bother.

I went back for more last night though. I found it a teeny eeeny weeeny beeeny bit easier. I got off the saddle a little more, but jesus, who considers this fun?
Really? I am an advocate of each to their own and different strokes for different folks etc etc but this could be used in Guantanamo in lieu of the waterboarding.

BUT, I'll be there again next Tuesday :)

2 comments:

  1. You are a certifiable mad woman.
    EVERYONE knows to stay away from the evil spin bikes from hell. You might lose weight and tone up etc but you will never walk upright again.

    Don't say I didn't warn you....

    ReplyDelete